All Lithuanian citizens as well as citizens of foreign countries can become library readers. To become a library reader, you need:
- To get acquainted with the Rules of Using the Panevėžys County Gabrielė Petkevičaitė-Bitė Public Library Services
- To purchase a Reader Pass at the library (Respublikos g. 14 or Aukštaičių g. 4) or order it at ibiblioteka.lt.
- To submit a passport or other identification document (students, pupils, disabled persons should submit appropriate certification) with a photo, personal ID number and signature
- To fill in User Registration Card
- To pay a fixed Reader Pass fee.
Note: When registering at the library for the first time, free Reader Passes are issued to pre-school children and I-IV year pupils upon presentation of a pupil’s card, orphans upon presentation of an orphanage certificate, persons with disabilities upon presentation of a certificate, 70-year-old and older people upon presentation of an identity document. A child under the age of 16 is registered (1) only in the presence of his or herparent, adoptive parent or guardian who fills in the application form, or (2) by submitting an application completed by a parent, adoptive parent or guardian.
The library uses LIBIS (Lithuanian Integrated Library Information System) Reader Passes.
LIBIS Reader Passes are valid in all libraries that have installed the LIBIS reader service subsystem.
Rules of using the LIBIS Reader Pass
Users who have acquired the LIBIS Reader Pass in other libraries must register at the Library. There is no need to buy another Reader Pass and pay for registration.