All Lithuanian and foreign residents can register to become library users. In order to register you need to:
- Present a valid personal identity document. Students, pupils, people with disabilities should also present a document proving their status.
- Fill in the registration form.
- Pay a registration fee (1 Eur).
People exempt from registration fee:
- children under age six,
- I-IV grade pupils,
- children from children homes,
- people with disabilities.
Children up to the age of sixteen should present a registration form filled by their parents or caregivers.
The Reader Pass (LIBIS) is valid in most of Lithuanian public libraries upon registration in them.
You can also register for Reader Pass online, via the interactive library portal www.ibiblioteka.lt.