Panevėžys County Gabrielė Petkevičaitė-Bitė Public Library is the main library in the northeast region of Lithuania. It has accumulated the biggest universal collection of publications and develops various cultural activities.
OUR VALUES: TRADITIONS, HONESTY, OPEN-MINDEDNESS, PROFESSIONALISM AND IMPROVEMENT
- respect traditions and cherish historical memory by preserving it for future generations;
- welcome everyone, listen to their needs and are open for new ideas;
- benevolently and open-mindedly seek solutions which help to create positive connection with You;
- are professionals who cultivate leadership and are constantly seeking quality and improvement in our field;
- creatively connect different fields and implement new technologies to develop improvements which benefit the community;
Panevėžys County Gabrielė Petkevičaitė-Bitė Public Library is a modern centre of innovation in the region. It provides an engaging environment and equal opportunities to learn, create and discover something new.
The library is a centre of research, coordination, methodological assistance, development of professional competencies of library specialists, interlibrary loan services, bibliography, ethnography and information for all the libraries in the denoted area. It ensures implementation of library development programmes of the state, serves users, provides opportunities to satisfy their cultural, self-educational and educational needs, cultivates traditions of ethnographic regions, improves the expansion of cultural and art services.
٭Mission of counties’ libraries is defined in the Law on Libraries of the Republic of Lithuania as well as in the provisions of Panevėžys County Gabrielė Petkevičiūtė-Bitė Public Library.
Main fields of activity of Panevėžys County Gabrielė Petkevičiūtė-Bitė Public Library:
- forming a collection of universal profile printings and other documents by taking into account developmental fields of economic activity and culture as well as needs of people of Panevėžys region (counties of Panevėžys and Utena);
- collecting and archiving printings and other documents related to the Panevėžys region;
- serving library users and satisfying their reading and information needs;
- developing various cultural activities: organising conferences, meetings, literary evenings, art and book exhibitions;
- coordinating methodological, bibliographical, informational and ethnographical work of public libraries of Panevėžys and Utena counties;
- performing functions of interlibrary loan (lit. TBA) of the region;
- developing librarianship, bibliography, information and bibliology as well as scientific research in Panevėžys region;
- participating in Lithuanian Integrated Library Information System (lit. LIBIS);
- participating in the activities of Lithuanian Scientific Libraries Association (lit. LMBA) and County Public Libraries Association (lit. AVBA).