Braille printer (with laminating machine and stapler). For the assistance contact the librarian in the Main Reading Room (2nd floor).
BRUNO reader – a scanner that reads aloud a scanned text (such as a book, magazine, or document). For the assistance contact the librarian in the Arts Reading Room (3rd floor).
There is a special workstation for people with disabilities on the first floor, next to the registration desk. It allows visitors to easily use library’s informational resources. This workstation contains:
- a keyboard with larger keys,
- a special mouse,
- Lithuanian language synthesizer,
- a screen view enlarging program “MAGIC”, which allows to see 12 to 16 times larger view,
- a reading program JAWS, which reads the text aloud for you,
- ergonomic furniture,
- a wheelchair.
There is also a vertical platform lift, which allows visitors to reach second and third floors.
In the library Lending department (1st floor) there is a service point of the Lithuanian Library for the Blind, where visually impaired persons and people with other disabilities can borrow audio books and magazines (on MP3 format).
For that you need:
LIBIS reader’s certificate,
a personal MP3 player or a computer
a medical certificate *.
* Only visually impaired persons and people with other disabilities (due to which it is impossible to read regular publications) have the right to use the special format publications issued by the Lithuanian Library for the Blind (LR Autorių teisių ir gretutinių teisių įstatymas, 2011, 10 str. 1 d.).
For more information about this service contact the library specialists:
Tel. 8 45 46 54 97, e-mail email@example.com